Tag Archives: installation
In Place Up gradation for Farm Environment
The process of IN Place upgrade for SharePoint 2010 in a Farm Environment is as follows:
Once all the pre Upgrade activities are accomplished, the administrator performs an In place Upgrade in the following sequence:
- Run the SharePoint 2010 installation on the computer that runs the SharePoint Central Administration Website which launches the installation process in an In Place – upgrade mode.
- Once the installation is complete in the primary server, then the administrator runs the installation on all the WFEs.
- Once the installation process is complete, the “SharePoint Configuration Wizard” is run on the primary server.
This upgrades the server, central administration configuration database, services and Content Databases.
- Run the “SharePoint Configuration Wizard” on all the WFEs in the farm.
- Once the upgrade has finished, the Visual upgrade is performed which changes the look and feel of the site to the new SharePoint 2010 look and Feel.